Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Solitude & Peace

Yesterday was Mia's 6 month shots. After her six shots, she was running a small fever and a little cranky. (Who can blame her right?) So after all of the noise yesterday, I wanted nothing more than a peaceful day. After dropping off baby Mia at "baby camp," I decided I was going to spend my day in quite. I went and looked at the rental property we've been looking at. It's so cute. We're turning in the paperwork tomorrow morning. After touring the rental, I did a bit of shopping at CVS. After spending one dollar, I left the store with a new Venus razor, Crest toothpaste & Garnier 2-in-1 shampoo. We don't need any of it, so its all off to the church's food pantry.

I then went to one of my favorite local cafes. I waited until after 1 so that I it would quiet and most people would be gone. I found a corner booth, ordered my meal & sat down with the latest issue of the New Yorker! I got to read the entire thing! Oh it was splendid! I had a yummy soup & half-sandwich, free refills, and nice soft music to read to. I haven't gotten the chance to read an entire issue since before Mia was born. It was actually the weekend before she was born. I read a few articles the morning she was born, but not an entire issue.

After they brought me this complimentary organic cookie I decided I should do a few errands. I went to Best Buy, a store I don't like going in, and got a great deal. For Valentine's Day, I bought the hubby a Nintendo DS. The special had been with purchase of a DS, two free games, and a free hard case. The case has been out of stock since. So, I went in today, determined to get the case. They didn't have the one that was supposed to be free, but they had a better one in stock. I talked to a manager and since it has taken so long, they gave me the better case that came with a memory card, headphones, and an extra stylus. The case was over $30, and my free case was to be only $10. I guess I better start liking Best Buy more.

After Best Buy and picking up the baby, we came back to talk to our apartment people. I was intending on extending our lease for one more month to thus give them the true 30 day notice. They told us not to worry b/c someone already wants our place. Thus, if we'll be out on our original date, we won't have to extend or pay anything extra. So this sounds all great- the issue is, we have 11 days to move! Eleven days!!! Tomorrow, I'm going shopping for free boxes and a hitch for the Jeep. Oh, its going to be chaos! Sounds like the label maker will need to be whipped-out!!

3 comments:

the smart tart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the smart tart said...

Did you read the article on the fall of conservatism? Aaaaaaahhh, liberal history nerd crack...

~cousin tart ;-)
http://thesmarttart.blogspot.com/

lfhcreative said...

have you tried the venus razor? They are divine! :)

How fun that you get to decorate a new bigger place! I hope the move goes smoothly!