Saturday, May 17, 2008

Baby Showers on a Budget

One of my girlfriends from the history department is having a baby. A few of us have gotten together to throw her a shower. She wanted a co-ed, casual shower, where men would feel welcomed. This works really great for those of us throwing one. With the unpredictability of Oklahoma weather, we decided to have the shower at our favorite restaurant. So we all got together, played a few games, and gave some gifts.

I was in charge of decorating the table and making the cake. I thought a diaper cake would be great. Using my coupons and strategic shopping, I made the cake and bought all the decorations and items for game for under $20!

The diaper cake was much bigger than I anticipated. It was hard to find ribbon and decorations when they don't know the sex of the baby. I thought ducks and alphabet ribbon were uni-sex.
Another view of the diaper cake, with the extra gifts I got with my free CVS rebates and coupons!

On the diaper cake is are 5 white cotton onesies, 2 bottles of baby lotion, baby powder, vasaline, and diaper rash ointment. The side package is Huggies body wash and a travel pack of wipes. The diapers--was one 114 pack of newborn Huggies. I folded 114 diapers--it went much faster than I thought!

No comments: