Friday, July 17, 2009

Oh to play in Martha's prop room..

Martha, how I love you...let me count the ways...

My love of all things Martha truly knows no bounds. After seeing these pictures, I think my love has grown as big as her prop room! Oh, to be able to run around in this room unsupervised for a few hours...I think I could decorate and entertain for years on end!


Wouldn't you just love to peruse? According to Martha: The people who work in this department are called "prop librarians" and they know exactly where everything is located. And just like a good library, every single object in this room is labeled with a description, the size, the quantity, and a bar code. Each piece has been logged into a computer and must be checked out when it is borrowed.See, she has everything...as is super organized! Ahh..amore! I tried to do something not nearly as fantastic for all of our storage bins currently residing in a barn at my parent's..I like Martha's method so much better. I think I will bring it up to Hubby..
One of my weaknesses are pedestals. I have way too many of them and even more in storage. Someday I figure I'll have the room for a big hutch or a large kitchen to display my favorite finds!
I do not want to be the person who has to polish all of this! But it is just so gorgeous! If you want to see what else Martha has to say on her prop room or even more pictures, you can check out her blog and the pictures here.

No comments: