Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yum Yum Cake

I'm finally back in the kitchen. Baby Mia and I have been sick with some weird stomach virus. We are all finally feeling better & I'm having to cook for tomorrow is our church's annual fellowship day. I have been instructed to bring the deserts. Thus, I'm making my banana pudding---which truly is the best ever & my mom's Yum-Yum cake. This recipe is really great & the cake is fool-proof.


Ever since I the hubby took the 30s quiz he's been asking where my "soothing tones" are. (Of course he's joking, i.e the reason he gets to continue living.) Of course, he's asking for cake too.



Yum Yum Cake

1 Box Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix- Betty Crocker
2/3 Cup Flour
2/3 Cup Sugar
4 Eggs
1 1/4 Cup Water
2/3 Cup Oil
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Tablespoon Rum Flavor
1 tub Coconut Pecan Frosting

Beat eggs and mix with water and oil. Combine all dry ingredients
together and blend. Add pecans, rum flavor. Add frosting in the
mixture. Bake 350 degrees until done, approx. 1 hr. ....Yum Yum

No comments: