Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Refreshed...

I'm feeling so refreshed this morning. Baby Mia is off at MDO. With my paper ready to turn for tomorrow, I'm using the day to catch up on the TiVo, play with the oh-so-neglected puppy, and clean up the house. I've decided to change up the artwork in our bedroom with the warm weather upon us. I'm not sure what it is, but I don't like looking at really deep colors in the summer--I like the light blues and creams in the summer.


So I've decided to take out of the frame my Monet print, Weeping Willow. I love this painting. If you're ever in Fort Worth, it is displayed almost permanently at the Kimball.

The painting is too warm for the summer heat and humidity that surrounds us in Oklahoma.





I have decided to replace the Monet with Lady at her toilette, Berthe Morisot (1875).
I love this painting! I ordered the print a few months ago, and have waited for warm weather to put up the cool-toned picture. I just adore the femininity of the painting.

I'm not sure how the hubby will like another "girly" picture in our bedroom. I'm sure he'll deal. He's dealt with a Degas ballet dancer for almost a year now.

So here's to the warm weather, the return of the farmer's markets, kayaking in Lake Murray, making home-made ice cream, grilling out with friends and family, and hiking with the family!

No comments: