Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Exhaustion

To say I'm exhausted is such an understatement. I have been up since Monday at 6 a.m. I wrote three papers, read a book, and prepared an interview. To top off the day, baby Mia is cutting teeth. The poor child is running a bit of a fever and squawking about. All day I was really tired. I had a meeting with some friends to discuss how to write one of our last papers.
After picking up Mia, I decided to lay down and nap with her. I was awoken by a wonderful girlfriend who had bought Dave and I dinner for the evening. She said she was worried about my exhaustion level and did not want me to worry about cooking for the family after all the work I did last night. I almost cried from happiness! How thoughtful to just show up at the busy mom and graduate student's house with some food. That's just one decision, one meal, I don't have to think about making.
Now I have two more papers to write and one more book to read before next Monday and then my students take their final next Monday too. After grading, it is all done!! Tonight I'm taking it easy. Just a little reading, maybe watch the Rockets game, and of course, sleep. Dave has even promised to watch the baby for me tonight! How amazing is that?!

Today's recipe is a family favorite. My mom came up with this recipe due to my father's love and adoration of peanut butter.

Mom's Peanut Butter Treats
1 c. sugar
1 c. Karo Syrup
1 1/4 c. organic peanut butter (O.K. you can totally use whatever peanut butter you want, but reduced fat doesn't work all that well.)
4-6 c. dry cereal. (Cheerios and Corn Flakes are really great)

-In a large pan, bring sugar and Karo to a boil. Add in peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Take off the burner, and pour in cereal. Pour into a lined or sprayed 13x9 pan and pat evenly. Let sit. Enjoy!

No comments: