Thursday, June 18, 2009

Feeling Crafty


I have been feeling rather crafty. Sewing in my office has become the therapy I need to create something, anything really, that has nothing to do with studying for COMPS or dealing with ulcers. I have been finding so many cute ideas to make easy stuff for babies, and of course Miss Mia needs them all! Pillow monster is still a hit. Helga the doll sleeps with the Pillow Monster next to Mia every night.

Here are a few more things I have whipped up in the last few days. This is a place mat diaper-bag-to-go. This is my second one and I just loved this placemat. I bought all that my Target. (So going to the next girl I know who has a girl!) I got the idea from Unnecessary Necessities and the tutorial can be found here. The only thing I did differently was add velcro to keep mine shut. I have so much stick-on or sew on velcro and felt that kept the bag closed better. I use the one I made for Miss Mia as an insert to her diaper bag as well as by itself when are just running to the store. It easily holds a few diapers and wipes along with my wallet. When Miss Mia outgrows it, I'll probably use it for a tolietree case.


I have also been wanting to try my hand at covering a baby wipe case. One of my friends asked if I would try and make her one to go along with the small diaper bag I made. I had left over fabric from making the bag. The case was really easy. I googled "how to make a baby wipe case" and many tutorials came up. All it really takes is hot glue gun, fabric, wipes case, and some trim. I did the case in way less than an hour. Yet another easy and frugal gift to give your friend or to jazz up your own diaper bag!

No comments: