Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Eggs, bunnies, and Baby!


We had a wonderful Easter holiday. Our family of three loaded up and went to West Texas to be with my parents and family. My niece and nephew were already at the farm when we arrived, soaking in the last few hours of their Spring Break and enjoying time with their Nana and Papaw. Since the wind was incredibly high, and I knew that the forecast for Easter Sunday was cold, I made each of them an Easter pail. I found some pails at the hardware store, painted their names on each and loaded them with craft and busy activities that would entertain an 11 and 9 year old. They loved them! I had a dye kit in each. Since my parents have over 40 chickens now, eggs are not hard to come by.

We dyed eggs on Saturday morning after making foam puppets...We had some extra foam left over, so David made each of the kids a special egg. The egg below he made for Brock...its a hedgehog.

Isn't it cute?!?

Of course no post would be complete without showing how we embarrass Baby Mia. We found this flower headband...She's such a happy baby...the headband just fit.





Easter Sunday was spent in church (where Mia displayed some very inappropriate laughter!) and then on the farm with family and my mother's delicious food!

No comments: