Monday, August 11, 2008

One of those days...

We had a fantastic weekend--one of the best since we have lived in Oklahoma. Saturday we took Mia to the zoo for the first time. She laughed and squawked at the animals, hit the aquariums with delight, and waved and said "bye-bye" to every person we met! (We also met a fellow baby named Mia!) Sunday we had a wonderful day with our church family and watching the Olympics. I should have known that all good things must come to an end.

Today started off with lighting hitting the field behind our house! A jolt that shook the house at 6 am is a very big "good morning" alarm. I finally fell back asleep only to be awoken at 6;30 with the hubby leaving for work and a very big migraine awaiting me. Luckily (if a migraine can be lucky) I had an awful migraine about two months ago that sent me to the doctor, thus I had a strong pain killer that knocked that out. But migraines, even when they are over drain me.

After feeding the baby breakfast, I abandoned all hope of being overly productive, so she and I hung out on her pallet on the floor. Then I see "the face." Moms will know the face, that is always followed too closely by "the sounds," then the "smells"---then "the results." When all was said and done, I had to wash one little red Polo dress of Mia's, my outfit, a changing pad cover, a blanket, and finally a baby.

After all the poo-issues I thought I'd be a good wife and prepare dinner for when the hubby arrived. So I went to the kitchen to start making pizza dough. I reach for the olive oil, it slips from my hand, and the entire bottle and contents fall and crash into one thousand pieces in ultimate slow-motion. For the next 40 minutes I swept, mopped and re-mopped the kitchen floors. (This is so the reason why no one puts carpet in a kitchen!) When I thought I had gotten it all, I, or rather my big toe, found a shard of glass---OUCH! Then I did the whole process again, even getting the vacuum in on the action to be safe. A process that takes me 15 minutes on the worst days took me over an hour! But we will have pizza---but at what cost? (Just my sanity!)


I love this picture--I would like to think that I can portray an effective martyr when need be, but I think my West Texas girl anger and loud mouth too often get in the way...But I totally have this ladies "I'm such a martyr" inner monologue today!

No comments: