Thursday, January 14, 2010

Introducing Daniela Alexandra

Although I woke up extremely early yesterday, I could not sleep last night. I watched Anderson Cooper (an entire post could be dedicated to my love for his fabulousness) and cried at the devastation and sadness surrounding Haiti. Feeling like we just had to do something, Hubby and I talked for a bit last night, slept on our decision, & woke up knowing that we needed to take action.

As most of you know, I love two kinds of people, old (85 and above) and young (all under 10). I find both endlessly fascinating. I worked all through my undergraduate with underprivileged pre-school children. The last few years, Hubby and I sponsored a child from Kentucky. That experience has been beyond fascinating. We are even more lucky, that the child we sponsored, his family has rebounded so well that he no longer is in the program. In fact, both of his parents have good jobs. It is truly an amazing story.

So without a child to sponsor, we decided to go international this time. We chose Honduras for various reasons, and then I saw this little girl. Daniela Alexandra. Is she not precious??

Just look at her adorable dress and that pose. I knew she was the little for us! I am so excited about this new journey and working with Compassion International. I just had to share our picture of this lovely little girl.


In case you want to check out Compassion, you can go here. You can also watch this video:

No comments: