Friday, January 23, 2009

Our busy world

School has started up again, and with it my busy life resumes. I am back to teaching two classes during the week, taking two of my Ph.D seminars at night, running the food pantry, hosting a Bible studying once a week, and raising a walking/talking child. Her newest phrase is "That Mine!" Apparently everything belongs to Mia and we are to know about the new change in the rules.

I have also been feeling quite crafty lately. I've made Mia some really cute scarves that are "her size." Along with the scarves, I've made her some cloth dolls just like my grandmother used to make me. My grandmother always used her leftover fabric to make me dolls clothes or actual dolls. When my camera starts working again, I'll take a picture of my creations. Mia likes to chew on the dolls, apparently they are a good chewy texture.

On top of all of this, I have started training again. Once upon a time, in a far away land, I was something of an athlete. A good friend of mine is a personal trainer and she sweetly agreed to put me on a work out regiment to get me back and shape. So far, she's been killing me, and its been great.

No comments: