Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

In November of 2007 Miss Mia was born as was a mother. This year marks my second Mother's Day. In ways I still can't believe she is here. Yet I can barely remember life without here. These are two of my favorite pictures of Miss Mia. The first is from our first photo shoot together. The shot was actually not staged, she just reached up for my hand and the photographer grabbed it! The second picture is during Christmas vacation and my hubby took the picture of the two of us napping.

In honor of Mother's Day, I began to think of what are the best aspects of being of Mom:
1) I can buy really cute clothes without feeling guilty b/c they aren't for me!
2) I get to sing the Hokey Pokey, read Dr. Suess, finger paint, write with side walk chalk and am found awesome and hilarious in my daughter's eyes.
3) I gaze upon one of God's most beautiful creations everyday when I look at my little girl!
4) At this stage in life, Mommy can do no wrong, unless M&Ms are denied!
5) I appreciate and adore my own mother so much more given that we now have something so amazing in common!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's...and a Special Happy Mother's Day to my Mom & Miss Mia's Nana!! We Love You!

No comments: